Monday, January 9, 2012

Happy Monday?

Mondays come way to quick.  Just when I am settleing into the weekend, it is over.  Not fair.  Mondays and Fridays should be optional work days don't cha think?
So I taught my 2 agility classes friday night.  The first is advanced beg and the 2nd is beginners.  I always drag myself to teach these classes until I get there.  Once I start setting up I get motivated to teach.  I have a particular dog in the 1st class that amazes me.  A few weeks ago she wouldn't even go near a jump bar.  The dedicated owner brought it home and had her eat next to it.  With a little tough love and coaxing and lots of treats she is now wagging her tail and going over jumps in succession.  I actually jumped up and high fived the beaming owner.  What an accomplishment!  That is what teaching is all about.
After class Rev had a play session with Switch the bc pup.  She had a blast.  This was the first time she played with out any growling.  I was thrilled.  So, she is now in love and dreaming of next friday for another rendezvous with the black and white dog.
Sunday evening brings me to another set of classes.  I love these students.  They are funny and willing to learn and love their dogs.  Last week one of them thanked me for making her stay in the sport with her over the top lab.  Now I was beaming.  They are becoming a team.  One of my puppies, Bella, is in this class.  I get to see my grand pup!  And then there is Samantha and her mix Marge.  I am most proud of her.  She cam to me in beginner agility and I have watched her create her own calm and lovely handling style.  She and her dog have overcome so much not to mention earning a 4.0 this semester in college.  She had now taken the reins of running my rent a border collie, Arrow.  I love coaching them.  What a team.  I can only imagine what Sam will do in the future of this sport.

And now it is Monday.  oh Monday....you should be optional.
Here is Rev with her new friend Switch

1 comment: