Friday, January 6, 2012

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." — Ferris Bueller

I found out this am that my friend Dawn passed away in her sleep.  She was 37.  I am in shock.  It made me think of the quote from Ferris Bueller above.  I wake up every day looking forward to finishing work or the weekend or the dog show and I am not just being happy I am waking up.  I should cherish every morning, every sunrise and sunset, every kiss from my dogs or training session.  Every hug from my husband or smile over dinner.  I am going to make an effort to do this every day.  Just cherish life.
On a completely different note, we had this small skateboard in our office for months.  One of my co-workers challenged me to teach one of the dogs to use it.  So, I took it home and armed with my clicker and treats I let Rev out to play with it.  Within 5 mins she had both paws on it and was able to walk pushing it.  I kept thinking to stay calm and patient and let her choose to play with it and not me showing her what to do.  She did great.  I am so proud of her. 
Again, cherish all the moments.  I am lucky to have a dog who wants to play much less play with a skateboard!

1 comment:

  1. welcome to the world of blogging! So sorry to hear about your friend. We lost our friend the day before his 30th birthday almost two years ago already. It was a huge shock and I still think about him and his family almost every day. Good luck with the blog I look forward to catching up with you more often!!

    ReplyDelete